WHAT IS THE LCA?
The Lynnwood Community Association (LCA) is a non-profit company, which was established in February 2007 due to the extremely high levels of crimes being perpetrated in the Lynnwood North area on a daily basis. The LCA is a community security initiative founded by the residents to manage the crime and security in the suburb. The activities of the LCA since inception have no doubt contributed largely to the relatively low incidence of crime in Sector 1—the Lynnwood North area. It is the sector in the Brooklyn Policing Precinct with the constantly lowest level of crime of all the areas. LCA also works closely with Lynnwood Residents’ Association (LRA) and Community Police Forum (CPF) to make Lynnwood North safe. Members’ properties are identified with a LCA board.
WHAT THE LCA DOES
LCA pays a contracted security service provider to provide the following:
- Boom off and guard all five entrances daily from 18:00 – 06:00.
- The most advanced Digital Video Recording Cameras at each entrance. This equipment has the ability to record around the clock activity. The recorded material can be kept for up to 48 hours and downloaded for investigation and use in the event of an incident.
- One 24/7 roving vehicle with armed security personnel .
- A designated control room which is staffed 24/7 with well trained personnel who are also in direct contact with the local Police and other security companies operating in the area.
BENEFITS OF THE LCA
- As a result of the LCA security initiative, Lynnwood North has become a sought after suburb to buy in and properties here typically sell for 10% more than property in Lynnwood South. 80% of buyers want to buy in a security conscious area and are prepared to pay a premium for this.
- Of great relevance is that crime has been kept to a minimum and the suburb has the lowest criminal activity and incidents compared to its neighbours and other policing sectors.
- Residents and their families freely exercise/walk their pets/ride their bikes etc. with peace of mind and a sense of security. A priceless benefit.
Lynnwood North households voluntarily contribute monthly towards the security initiative. Membership fee is R 415.00 per month. LCA utilizes these funds to pay the security service provider and purchase and/or implement additional, updated security measures where resources allow for e.g. additional day-time security in the form of bicycle patrols over the festive season. Members have the option to pay with a monthly debit order or to make EFT payments.
The LCA committee is made up of residents of the community and they voluntarily manage the security initiative. A book-keeper is paid to administer the contributions by the members.
SECURITY SERVICE PROVIDER
Interactive Security is currently the security provider for the LCA.
Contact Sharon Cooke 072 189 0333 / email@example.com to request the relevant membership application forms.